There are so many benefits of health education, which is administered by thousands of health educators who are all trying to make a difference in peoples lives, both short term as well as long term. These benefits can be offered in the form of information or instruction on endless topics, all dealing with leading a health lifestyle that will result in better inner and outer health. Below are some of the general benefits:
General Benefits Of Health Education
- People are able to learn about resources in their community that can help them with their health.
- Advise individuals to consider doing check ups and other basic health related services which many people may believe they are healthly, but may turn out not to be and can catch things sooner rather than later.
- Tactics on how to avoid common illnesses as well as serious diseases and disorders.
- Stimulates individuals to become more aware of the choices they are making regarding their health.
- Inspires people to become volunteers in the pursuit to spread the word about the beneifts of health education.
The Benefits of Health Education Taught By Health Educators
Some of the main benefit of health education are listed below, in categories that are most taught to individuals as well as communties and groups:
- Early Detection – Health educators provide people with information on how to spot diseases or disorders, through early detection methods, which can both save lives as well as save one loads of money in medical costs down the road.
- Healthy Body Image – It also teaches healthy body image, which is immensly important especially among pre teens and teens, which most healthly body image classes are taught to these age groups. The benefits of health education when it comes to this topic are children understanding that they do not have to look like celebrities and can accept that way the look, avoiding eating disorders as well as tips on how to eat healthly and how much your body needs in the form of nutrition.
- Smoking – Ways to eliminate or lesson the need for a cigarette, as well as methods that can help lesson the need.
- Drinking – The effects that alcohol consumption has on the body, how to find a safe limit, deciphering between the effects that different types of achohol has on the body, as well as how to lesson the need for alcohol.
- Anxiety/Depression – Benefits of education taught on this subject are that it will give people coping methods, resources if they need help as well as methods that can lesson these problems both right away as well as long term.
- Sexual Pressures – The benefits that come from education on sexual pressures are; educating people on safe practice as well as introducing them to what can potentially happen if they do not choose to do so, which in turn educates those on how to stop the spread of diseases. Other benfits of health education detailing with sexual pressures can include; understanding that all people develop at different rates and to not compare themselves to other peers, what to do in the event of sexual assault as well as how to avoid it. The health educator can also provide information on the link between alchohol consumption and the wrong choices when it comes to sexual activity.
An overall summary of the benefits of health education is that it is about people learning different methods as well as habits to adapt that will enable them to feel better when it comes to both physical and mental health, enabling them to lead more fulfilling lifestyles and allowing them to be equipt with information that will allow them to make the right descisions that will continue their good health. This also includes providing value to others in the form of what they learned and how it can be applicable to their health situation. The benefits of health education are not only applicable to teaching on how to maintain a healthly lifestyle, but more so how to rebulid ore restore one.